MAGICAL SOUTHERN TANZANIA
7 Nights / 8 Days
3 Nights Selous Game Reserve / 1 Night Mikumi Park / 3 Nights Ruaha Park
The Southern Circuit Safari includes some of the most remarkable and less visited sites in Tanzania. There are fewer tourists because it is less well known than the Northern Circuit. Yours will frequently be the only vehicle on the landscape, and it is easy to imagine that the rest of the world no longer exists as you marvel at the incredible sights of this remarkable area.
Day 1 Dar es salaam / Selous Game Reserve
You are picked up from you hotel and proceed to Selous Game Reserve. This takes you about 6 to 8 hours drive – Picnic lunch on the way. Arrive at your camp late afternoon - Enjoy the View of the River and the atmosphere around.
Dinner and overnight: Rufiji River or Selous River Side Camp (L, D)
Day 2 + 3 Selous Game Reserve
You will have 2 full days in the Selous Game Reserve staying at the Tented Lodge overlooking the gorge of Rufiji River Camp. Exploration of the Reserve by 4 wheel drive vehicle, boat and on foot. The Selous, famous for its elephants, was originally set aside as a hunting area where animals are abundant but more shy then the Northern Parks. Our foot safari will give us a particularly intimate feel for the African wilds, while our excursions by Landrover will permit us to have good photographic opportunities and the chance to explore different sections of vast park. We will discover the Rufiji River by boat, encounter hippos and crocodiles in good numbers. Some 350 bird species have been recorded in the Selous Game Reserve. These are typical of miombo woodland, and the bird life supported by Rufiji swamplands is of particular interest.
Dinner and Overnight: Selous Camp (Selous Riverside Camp or Rufiji River Camp) (L, D).
Day 4 Selous Game Reserve / Mikumi National Park
After breakfast you will proceed to Mikumi for lunch. PM Short game drive of the Park.
Dinner and Overnight: Fox Camp (B, L, D).
Day 5 Mikumi National Park / Ruaha National Park
After early breakfast you will proceed to Southern Highland, arriving late afternoon to Ruaha – Picnic lunch at the site.
Dinner and overnight: Ruaha River Lodge (B, L, D)
Day 6 + 7 Ruaha National Park
You explore the park for 2 full days by 4 wheel drive vehicle, by boat and on foot. The Ruaha River is a scenic delight and a magnet for wildlife in staggering numbers Elephant reign supreme. Hippos en masse are guaranteed. Kudu, eland, giraffe, and dik-dik thrive in abundance
Dinner and Overnight: Ruaha River Lodge (B, L, D)
Day 8 Ruaha / Dar es salaam City
After early breakfast you drive to Dar es salaam with picnic lunch – Arriving late afternoon (B, L)
1. Accommodation as stipulated in the itinerary.
2. Transfer as per the itinerary
3. All game drives on private basis by as per the itinerary in a 4 x 4 Vehicle
4. Services of professional driver-guides
5. All Government taxes and levies
6. Meals as indicated in the itinerary
1. All items of personal nature: e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staffs and driver/guides. Tips and gratuities are at the sole discretion of the clients.
2. Any international flight and departure taxes
3. Laundry services
4. Any other item/s not included in our itinerary
5. Cost of Optional Extras, provided separately
6. Visa fees currently $ 50.00 per passport holder except USA (USA Passport Holder $ 100.00 per passport holder).
7. Flying doctors services , provided separately - $ 50.00 per person valid for 14 Days
Contact me for the rates or other tailor made safaris in Tanzania.